Due to the continuous request of the people of the Marathwada region for the establishment of a permanent chamber of the Supreme Court in Aurangabad in accordance with section 51 (2) of the Act, the State Government first raised the issue with the then Chief Justice, R. M. Kantawala, in 1977. On March 22, 1978, the State Legislative Assembly unanimously passed a resolution supporting the call for the establishment of a permanent chamber of the Supreme Court in Aurangabad: “In order to save enormous costs and reduce inconvenience to the people of the Marathwada and Pune regions related to judicial proceedings, this Assembly recommends that the Government: to request the President to establish a permanent chamber of the High Court of Bombay with jurisdiction over the Marathwada and Pune regions, one in Aurangabad and the other in Pune. The High Court of Bombay is the high court of the states of Maharashtra and Goa in India and the Union Territory of Dadra and Nagar Haveli and Daman and Diu. It is mainly located in Mumbai (formerly known as Bombay) and is one of the oldest high courts in India.  The High Court has regional branches in Nagpur and Aurangabad in Maharashtra and Panaji, the capital of Goa.  The First Chief Justice, the Attorney General and the Solicitor General of independent India were from this court. Since India`s independence, 22 judges of this court have been appointed to the Supreme Court and 8 to the Chief Justice of India.  It has the largest jurisdiction in terms of states, with its territory comprising the states of Assam, Arunachal Pradesh, Nagaland and Mizoram. Aurangabad Bank was established in 1982. Initially, only a few districts of Maharashtra were under the Bank of Aurangabad.
Later, in 1988, Ahmednagar and other districts were attached to the bank. The bank of Aurangabad has more than 13 judges. Aurangabad Bench`s jurisdiction is over Aurangabad, Ahmednagar, Dhule, Nandurbar, Jalna, Jalgaon, Beed, Parbhani, Latur & Osmanabad. The bank also has a Bar Council from the Maharashtra and Goa office. Today`s bank building is located in huge premises. The garden is beautifully maintained. The lush green grass attracts the attention of every passerby. HC Bank Aurangabad is just 4 km from Aurangabad Airport and 6 km from Central Bus Station. The new building now has a total of 13 courtrooms, including two new ones. All courtrooms are located on the first floor of the building, while the court office is located on the ground floor. Aurangabad Bank has a strong bar association of over 1000 lawyers, but Aurangabad Bank has no competence on corporate law matters.
The Itanagar Permanent Court was inaugurated on 12 August 2000 by the Chief Justice of India, Dr. A. S. Anand, in Naharlagun, about 13 km away. of the capital Itanagar. We have already imagined the powers and functions of the Supreme Court. In this article, we have mentioned the total number of high courts in India as well as the list of high courses and their year of establishment and their areas of expertise. This will improve your preparation for the UPSC Prelims exam. The Nagpur High Court of Justice was housed in this building until the reorganization of the states in 1956. As of 1.11.1956, eight Marathi language districts of Vidarbha were part of the larger bilingual state of Bombay, which was created. The remaining fourteen Hindi-speaking districts of the former state of Madhya Pradesh became part of the newly formed state of Madhya Pradesh with its capital Bhopal. The Madhya Pradesh High Court was seen as the successor to the former Nagpur High Court.
The State Government then took a decision in January 1981 to establish a permanent chamber of the Supreme Court at Aurangabad, which was communicated by the Secretary of the Government of Maharashtra, Department of Law and Justice, transmitted to the Registrar by his letter of 3 February 1981, and was requested, with the authorization of the President of the Supreme Court, to submit proposals for the establishment of the Court and the establishment of the Chamber. provide the necessary residential bungalows for judges, staff, furniture, etc. Following this communication, the Chief Justice wrote to the Prime Minister on 26 February 1981 expressing his consent to the establishment of a permanent bank in Aurangabad. After stressing that his predecessors were opposed to it and in particular stressed that such a measure would lead to a dismantling of the integrity of the Institute and the Bar Association, which would inevitably affect the quality and quantity of transfers. This request for the establishment of a permanent chamber of the Supreme Court in Aurangabad was supported by the Maharashtra State Bar Council, the Western India Lawyers Association, several bar associations and the general public. It is necessary to mention here that the resolution, as originally presented, called for the establishment of a permanent chamber of the Bombay Supreme Court in Aurangabad for the Marathwada region, and that no reference to Pune was added by amendment. First, in 1978 the Land Government recommended to the central Government the establishment of two permanent formations under para. 2) of section 51 of the Act, one to Aurangabad and the other to Pune, but later in 1981 limited its recommendation to Aurangabad alone. Kohima Bank is located on the eastern slope of Minister Hill in the Nagaland capital, Kohima.
The building where Kohima Bank is located was a renovated hostel for Kohima Bank. The inauguration of the bank in the capital Kohima took place on December 1, 1972 by the Honourable Justice M.C. Patak. [ref. Before the annexation of Goa, Damaon & Diu was the highest court in the Portuguese state of India, the Tribunal da Relação de Goa in Panjim. Originally established in 1554, Goa`s Relação served as the supreme court of appeal for all Portuguese East India territories in the Indian Ocean and Far East, including present-day Mozambique, Macau, and East Timor, alongside India itself. The Relação de Goa was abolished on 16 March. In December 1963, a Court of the Judicial Commissioner was established under the Goa-Daman & Diu (Court of the Judicial Commissioner) Regulations 1963. In May 1964, an Act was passed by Parliament giving the Court of the Judicial Commissioner certain powers of the High Court for the purposes of the Constitution of India.
Sir Gilbert Stone, a judge of the Madras High Court, has been appointed as the first Chief Justice. The foundation stone of the new building (now the High Court building) was laid on 9.1.1937 by the late Sir Hyde Gowan. The building was designed by Mr. H.A.N. Medd, resident architect. It was built at a price of Rs.737,746/-. The building consisted of two floors with a garden courtyard in the middle. External dimensions are 400 ft x 230 ft. The original design called for a central main dome that rises 109 feet above the ground, the rest of the building is about 52 feet tall. The building was built of sandstone.
The building has ashlar cladding and brick hearts. The floor in the corridors and offices is made of Sikosa and Shahabad stone slabs. The building was inaugurated on January 6, 1940. At the opening ceremony, the Viceroy of India described this building as a stone poem. The High Court has a fairly well planned garden on the east and west sides. The neo-Gothic High Court building was built in 1872, ten years after the establishment of the court. The design, by the government architect at the time, Walter Granville, was loosely modeled on the 13th century Cloth Hall in Ypres, Belgium. Circuit bench – A circuit bench is designed for remote areas but don`t have too much to warrant a full-fledged permanent bench.
As a result, some judges travel to these regions once or twice a year and deal with all appeals from the Supreme Court of that jurisdiction. Tribunal – A tribunal is a term for any person who acts in court, whether or not it is referred to as a court in its title.